The NE556 dual monolithic timing circuit is a highly stable controller capable of producing accurate time delays or oscillation. In the time delay mode of op-eration, the time is precisely controlled by one exter-nal resistor and capacitor.
For a stable operation as an oscillator, the free running frequency and the duty cycle are both accurately controlled with two exter-nal resistors and one capacitor. The circuit may be triggered and reset on falling waveforms, and the output structure can source or sink up to 200mA.
• Low turn off time.
• Maximum operating frequency greater than 500kHz.
• Timing from microseconds to hours.
• Operates in both astable and monostable modes.
• High output current can source or sink 200mA.
• Adjustable duty cycle.
• TTL compatible.
• Temperature stability of 0.005% per oc.